- Education Outside's Green Schools Corps recruits and trains recent college graduates to help San Francisco public schools develop outdoor experiential education programs and school greening activities.
- The Bay Lights is the world's largest LED light sculpture and uses 25,000 LED lights to cover 1.8 miles on the west span of the Bay Bridge.
- Friends of the Earth's BeeAction Campaign secures commitments from retailers and institutions to eliminate the use of pesticides that are harmful to bees.
- San Francisco General Hospital seeks to provide better healthcare and trauma services to the city of San Francisco through the new Acute Care and Trauma Building.
- The Marine Mammal Center is constructing new intensive care and quarantine pens to better serve marine mammals along the California coast.
- Playworks San Francisco engages children in recess and extracurricular activities as a strategy to improve children’s health and to make schools more safe, inclusive, and conducive to learning.
- The California Trail will transform 56 acres at the Oakland Zoo into a living environment where visitors can learn about California’s native plants and wildlife.
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy's Presidio Visitor Center will establish a new information and education center near the Tunnel Top Parklands.
The Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund Pledges $2 Million to Protect Voting Rights.
The Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund Gives $200,000 to Support Typhoon Haiyan Relief Efforts.
UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business Names Douglas E. Goldman “Business Leader of the Year”.
Library of Congress Awards Reach Out and Read Highest Literary Award.
Appeals Court Rejects Extreme and Dangerous Arizona Abortion Ban.